Yep, I’m afraid we’ve reached the end of another month and that it is that time again. Below, I’ve rounded up a few highlights from my May, as well as some of the best things I’ve read around the web over the last four weeks. Enjoy!
A few highlights from my May…
- Seeing a Burlesque variety show at The Lowry with friends (pictured above).
- Two sunny bank holiday weekends, spent with family and good friends!
- Guest posting on A Practical Wedding about becoming a wife, and how that felt very grown up.
- Starting house hunting in York.
- Watching Mr M sail through his third and final PGCE placement.
- Guest posting on The Freelance Lifestyle about the difference between freelance freedoms and employed freedoms.
A few highlights from around the web…
- My friend Holly’s Five Ways to Be Happier on Twitter is a great reminder to take a good, hard look at who you’re following.
- If you’re a freelancer who hates accounting, this advice from Kris Atomic is seriously comprehensive.
- I’m always looking for ways to work smarter not harder. There are some great tips on the subject here.
- Matt Haig’s posts for Book Trust are brilliant. This one is particularly good; 10 Reasons Not to Be a Writer.
- One of the hardest things about self employment is setting your prices. There are some helpful pointers here.
- Want to make your job even better? There are ten ways to so do here.
- And from Penguin… 10 Myths About Authors As Explored by an Author.
How’s your May been?